Today we had the pleasure to learn about the Department of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (ATF). Special Agent Colonel Chip B. was kind enough to give us some tips on smuggling cigarettes and using a still to make moonshine. Without going into details the short answer is: you don’t want to do it and “personal use”.
One the ATF’s responsibilities is conducting criminal investigations concerning alleged violations of the Federal firearms laws. The agents of the ATF work closely with local law enforcement departments including:
- Newport News Police Department
- Hampton Police Department
- Virginia State Police
- Naval Criminal Investigative Service
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
- United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern Judicial District of Virginia
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI)
We thank Colonel Chip for his informative and very entertaining presentation and for his service to all of us.